Saturday, August 17, 2002

I have been hoarding most of my loose change for over 3 years now. A penny saved is a penny earned I guess. I started saving when I arrived on the east coast and it seems I have ended up with nearly two quarts of pennies (I can't bear the thought of counting them) and an equally large number of quarters. Dimes and nickels are also abundant.

I am terrified of the possibility I may have to roll them myself, yet too stingy to pay the small percentage required by the machine at the grocery store. Given the quanity of coinage I'm dealing with it will likely be a tidy sum.

It's really heavy. 48 pounds!

Yes, I weighed it. Yes, I know I have a problem.

I'll post pictures soon. Yes, I took pictures.

In an effort to escape the small mountain of currency, I picked up a copy of The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York. I can't remember the last book I read where I was hooked by page 2.

I'm on page 48 now. Only 1111 pages to go. He was big into coins too...collecting millions of dollars in tolls.

Fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home