Saturday, October 11, 2003



Increased Productivity
Maybe it can be explained by some kind of planetary alignment. Maybe I have found myself square in the middle of an energy vortex. I don't know what it is that would explain my sudden spurt of motivation. Maybe it's implied peer pressure. I'm not the only one, but I feel like I'm keeping up.

Pet Junkie has been tweaking her site, consequently elevating her level of geekiness.

Circa has changed his entire online identity and his mood seems to have changed with it...which is nice to see. He asked me in an email if I had avoided any big steps since my last job. He wondered if it was possible that the malaise many of our friends have found themselves in was indicative of a societal pace that is burning out a generation of young people at record speed.

I don't think so. I have noticed a trend among friends of mine. They are driven to do things they feel passionate about; things that mean something to them and the world they live in. They are not necessarily motivated by the promise of wealth and material gain. The search for a career has integrated a spiritual element. People want to do the things that will keep them comfortable and that are good for their soul.

But the working world, in this economy, has little room for such noble quests. It's a challenge of the time, prefaced by the jubilation and optimism of the .com boom. We entered the work force during one of the most optimistic, and flagrantly irresponsible, times in our economic history. That has to tweak your perspective some. Things are different now and they seem to be getting better.

In other news...
I am strongly considering a move to Venezuela.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home