Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Fair and Balanced

See, this is why I love Tony Pierce. He's willing to engage his readership regardless of whether or not they agree with him or his actions. I called him out on his iPod fundraising blogothon and he could have just told me to shut up, blocked my IP and carried on with the festivities. But he didn't. He left comments:
1. no one is begging
2. there was a one day deadline because i didnt want to bother people with the request
3. if i was greedy i would have asked for something else.
4. it's not about sympathy, its about $10 a loyal reader
5. no one can beat the star wars kid, not even me.

And then he linked me.

I still feel the same about "the experiment." You've implied a need for financial inducement where none existed before. You introduced this experiment with a picture of a giant iPod front and center on your blog. You chose an item that is one of the most expensive and highly sought after devices of its kind and tried to guilt or entice me into helping buy it for you. I have no interest in buying traffic for my meager blog. But I do have an interest in a fair and balanced treatment of the opposition. And it is for this reason that you have been flowed.

You are a good man Mr. Pierce. Lesser men are trying to level anyone who obstructs their progress with "you are either with us or against us" battle cries but you have not stooped to such levels. You are a true patriot.

And deserve an iPod.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger you know said...

damn straight.

glad youre seeing the light :)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger you know said...

btw if you ever feel the need to call bs on me, feel free. the only thing worse than being misunderstood is not knowing youre being misunderstood.

and something as bizarre as asking for what i asked for (a complete luxury) can easilly be misunderstood.

thanks again for the flow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home