Thursday, June 10, 2004

Preach On Brother...

Mr. Godin puts into words what was for me a distinctly emotional response to the LA Times and their incredibly annoying spam activities. I registered for the NYT site long ago and I have treasured the information I've gotten on the site ever since. I respect the paper for the information they provide and, for the most part, leaving me alone.

The LAT is a different story. Confirming the purpose of my garbage email address, the newspaper has dutifully filled it with all kinds of meaningless messages that skillfully evade the junk mail filters. I no doubt fell victim to the chicanery that Seth describes.

I wonder if this "trickery" has any measurable effect on the credibility of an organization that trades upon the trust it has gained with its readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home