Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Speed Demon

So someone on Slashdot made the drive to Oregon, recorded every minute of it and processed the footage so that we could see it all in exactly six minutes or an equivalent speed of 6953mph, or mach 9.13.

Now, more than ever, I am glad I took PCH and the 101. I can handle the journey up the 5 for six minutes but I don't know if I could hang with it for 16 hours. I say that now that it's over of course. Had you asked me around the time I was trudging across 299 East which road I would prefer to travel on, the 5 would have won hands down.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good god. when you travel it's not the destination. it's the journey. how about taking that footage and slowing it down for a time of say 259,200 minutes (about six months) i mean we all should have the time to smell the flowers, feel the soul, take in the scenery. experience. live. love. and well, of course laugh...

glad your journey was more experiential but forget the 5; unless you're in a hurry. and if you are... ask why...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home