Sunday, September 04, 2005

from the phone

This is from the phone because the wireless internet doesn't know about macs. I can join the network and the network system pref says I'm connected, yet there is nothing. Maybe the hotels are running some kind of wireless voodoo to keep people from poaching their signal. They might as well try to keep people from accessing the light in their parking lot if that's the case. Anyway, if you're a networking genius and have some idea of what's happening, email me @ jspeights (at) mac (dot) com.

In trip news, we've made it to Red Lodge and will hit the scenic byway/Yellowstone tomorrow. Then we will finally stay in one spot for a while. Had some thunderstorms today. I hope summer comes back before we camp.

I'm pretty lucky to have a gf that 1) will do most of the navigating 2) roll with all the last minute changes in direction and 3) not complain about my snoring.

Parts of the scenic byway are closed due to mudslides in the spring. The lobby in our hotel (I know, we're supposed to be camping) had some newspaper clippings that showed the damage. It was pretty striking to see how torn up it got and would be worth a look. I'm sure there are some posted somewhere. I would link you now but...

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home